“Any institution is as good as the quality of its teachers; the theories, research and writings its academics have developed; its ability to not only disseminate knowledge but also to create it; its Internationalism; its program of teaching the often neglected area of business practice management and finally its contribution to the better management of the society. Dr Skiffington’s international Coaching School consistently rates as the leading coaching school by far…” ICAA -Centre for International Education, Annual Report. 2003
” Dr. Skiffington’s Certification Course is one of the world’s BEST coaching skills certification programs… Suzanne personally trains and equips enterprising professionals to build their own profitable business coaching practice or excel as an internal organizational coach.” – Entrepreneur Magazine
– But first, some important success stories and testimonials from a few of our graduates around the world:
(Note: As a licensed Doctor in Clinical Psychology Dr Skiffington’s 1-to-1, coach skill training is strictly confidential. However, she can confirm that her course has been undertaken by members of various state and regional governments, various Government Defense Departments, the Hong Kong Government, Australian Government, UK Government, The Law Society of NSW, The Australian Prime Ministers Office and various international financial institutions etc. Additionally the below graduates have given the go ahead to use their testimonials to document their course experiences and the return on their investment.)
“Extraordinary! Priceless! – My practice has more than trebled in size because I am now advertising that I was personally trained (in my own home-office) by the world’s number one professional coach educator and authority on business coaching.”
B. Glasson (Exec. Coach. New England)
“Thank you. Your facilitation and sharing in the workshop has been a valuable experience for me. I have learnt a great deal from you as well as from your great resource materials. The high calibre people in the course also added to the knowledge I gained. It was good to know what my peers are doing in the field, which is a way of affirming what I have been doing.” C. Lee. (Training Manager. Hong Kong Government Secretariat)
“I’ve participated in a one and two year coach training course and regardless of their convincing academic sales pitch, each one turned out to be just another lightweight introduction to the coaching basics. I could have saved lots of time and money if I had only found your select course first. Congratulations on designing the ultimate coach skills training program. Your tailor fitted, world class course provided me the specific coaching tools and techniques and practice know-how I needed to become the qualified and prepared coach my clients expect.” J. Burke (Life and Business Coach. NY.)
“It was invaluable having the industry leader in Organizational Coaching delivering this program. Very hands on – real world value“. Frank Goss, (Frank Goss and Associates. MD.)
“This affordable, unique course provided me the insight, resources and confidence to overcome my fears and ‘get out there’ and build my coaching practice and take charge of my professional life” -W. Miller (Exec. Coach. Sydney)
“One of the reasons I applied for a tailored-made, in-house course was to decide if an executive coaching program would best benefit my organization and, if so, what I would specifically need to successfully establish and manage it. During the detailed course and the follow-up phone conversations, Dr Skiffington helped my new coaches and I find all the right answers and resources we required…” – J. Prentice. ( HR Manager, ICI International)
“The workshop has provided us with the tools to enable us to revolutionize our coaching methods and help us add further value to our clients and exceed their expectations”. –Guy Innes (L. J. Hooker Real Estate -National Sales Coach)
“Our 2 year old coaching program was producing enough positive results to encourage us to go to the next step and seek out Dr Skiffington. By undertaking the ‘hands-on’ course under the expert guidance of Suzanne, we are now producing industry best-standard results and a have begun rolling-out the program to other departments.” – M Levinthal. (L&D Director, Harrods I T.)
“An excellent programme...” N. Smith. (Chapter Host, International Coaching Federation, Auckland. N.Z.)
“The Course gave me all the tools I need to coach individuals at all levels of development”. Yasmin Davidds-Garrido, (Speaker, coach and author of “Empowering Latinas: Breaking boundaries, freeing lives”. Los Angeles)
“What a wonderful experience it was to work with Dr. Suzanne Skiffington. I was a little apprehensive at first about spending four days in a row, learning one on one. Much to my delight, it was both enjoyable, informative and paced to match my needs. Her knowledge and insight is incredible as well as practical. I feel well prepared to face any business coaching situation with confidence.” L.Mitchell. (Michigan Business Coach)
“I had been researching a number of coaching programs before I was referred to Dr. Skiffington by an associate of mine. My friend told me this was the best workshop she had ever been through and highly recommended it to me. I applied and signed up, but was a bit skeptical. Five months later – here’s my feedback: This tailor-made program has exceeded my expectations on all levels. Firstly thanks for the amazing amount of resources I received to make me marketable and extremely valuable to my clients. And thanks for the invaluable follow-up mentoring. One call with Suzanne showed me how to increase a client proposal from $3,000 to over $18,000. My revenue has gone from $1,600.00 per month to $8,000.00 this month and still counting. This has occurred in about five months since I undertook your course and is directly attributed to you. After many years in the corporate world, I am finally happy – as I am utilizing my unique gifts and skills to make a difference and being rewarded.”
P. Lee. (South-east Asian Business Coach)
“This special program provides good, solid theoretical foundations coupled with practical, hands-on day to day application and skills build-up“. H. Yung, (Corporate Coach. China)
“The program exceeded my expectations! Suzanne is a wonderfully effective facilitator. Excellent at creating a personalized environment conductive to learning! I also like the alumni-network concept, the opportunity to network with like-minded practitioners and to be provided updated coaching data.” Dianne Fountain, (The Fountain Group, Inc. UK)
“As a working mother and a practicing coach, it was wonderful to find a certification program that was not only tailored to my needs but that also came to my hometown location. During our sessions, Suzanne offered everyday coaching situations from her experiences so that I could see how the tools I acquired could be applied. It was also a reality check, reminding me that coaching is challenging work. If you aren’t sure how to market yourself, the workshop will also help you uncover your niche and move you forward with sustainable enthusiasm. Whether you are new to the field or a long-time practitioner, this intense coaching workshop will provide a wealth of information, skills, tools and resources that would take years to accumulate. I now feel well equipped to apply them and provide my clients with a quality coaching.” L.Prusso. (Pennsylvanian Coaching)
“Working with Dr. Skiffington has been a pleasure and ease. The course provided the structure to take my already successful coaching practice to yet another level. “ W.Williams. (CBA Business Development. Ontario. Canada)
“Suzanne demonstrated a wealth of knowledge, was a model coach and her access to the coaching community is extraordinary. It’s awesome that we have the opportunity to be personally trained by her “ L. F. Leong (Singaporean Consultant)
“Thank you for showing me how my professional experience and knowledge could successfully combine with new coaching skills. With this solid foundation I can now begin my new practice with confidence and focus.” K. Jaude. (D.C.Group. L.A)
“Helped me clarify the level of coach I want to be” B. McKenzie. (Author: ‘Mentoring for Women’ )
“The four days somehow flew by and Suzanne’s relaxed, conversational approach to the training made learning easy.” L. Cooper. (Director of Planning and Review, University of Technology)
“I knew that my professional knowledge and experience were valuable commodities that could become the basis of a very successful Coaching business. The problem was, I didn’t know how to take the next step and formalize my learning as a business coach nor how to market those skills or how much they were actually worth to my prospective clients. Suzanne’s professional development course resolved those problems, highlighted opportunities that I was not aware of and has enabled me to build a profitable and sustainable business” L. Moore. (Small Business Development Coach. Ca.)
“The workshop helped me distinguish my strengths and showed me what I have to work on. It also gave me a deeper insight into my personal self-limitations and what exactly I want to do in coaching.” B. Turner. (Career Coaching, Germany)
“Coaching is about change and transformation. This coaching course was both and more to me”.
C. Kloppers. (Trans-Cultural Coach, Singapore.)
“Challenging, tantalising, stimulating” A. Jones. (Lecturer, New England University)
“Your mentorship has cleared away the hurdles in establishing my practice. There is a gold rush going on in the business coaching world but without your expert guidance I would never have seen the way. Thanks again” R. Wise. (Exec.Coach.Sydney)
“It’s amazing what we’ve covered in four days. From how to build a successful coaching practice to the structure of the coaching process. I now feel more confident to begin my work as a professional coach.” D. Harrison. (Candid Coaching, England.)
“The course has given me a great insight into what coaching is really about. My practice has benefited greatly from what I have learnt.” P. Beng. (Singaporean Real Estate Coaching)
“The course helped me find my coaching specialty and provided me with the necessary specialist business practice and behavioral coaching tools to succeed”
D. Allen. (Allen Mg’t.UK)
“Suzanne’s knowledge, encouragement and demeanor allows the individual to explore and develop a business practice that compliments the individuals style and expertise.” J. Lillis. ( Lillis Consulting, New York, NY.)
“Challenging and energetic” J. Soder. (Psychologist and Lecturer, Institute of Management )
“Suzanne’s humor combined with her down-to-earth facilitator’s style made the in-depth, sometimes challenging one-on-one course a wonderful, positive, learning experience. Thanks Suzanne” F. Patton. (L&D Corp. Director. N.Y.)
“An excellent foundation-building program that helps develop the necessary coaching practice skills needed in both generic and niche coaching” L. Yeow. (Singaporean Consulting Group)
“We are now quite clear about the types of coaching that can be practiced ..and about making this a viable business..We found Dr Skiffington’s style very honest and supportive”
T.T Srinath & G.Chella (Consultancy Group. India)
“Dr Skiffington’s knowledge and perspectives have helped me bring my existing coaching business to a more complete, professional level. I believe I can now offer a most professional service to even the most demanding clientele”
R. Frank (Biz. Coach, Vancouver, Canada)
“This has been without doubt the best, most practical and most beneficial learning experience I have had in years. Anyone thinking of recreating their profession should consider attending this course. I was provided everything I needed to begin a coaching practice. Thanks Suzanne, for a great four days.”
D. William. (CEO of Lifelong Learning.)
“Dr. Skiffington’s best-selling, introductory level coaching text books provide the necessary basic knowledge of how professional organizational coaching works. However, her “hands-on, how-to-use” course provides individual students with qualified practitioner certification as well as the formal structure and processes they need. Individuals are taught “first-hand” by one of the world’s leading master behavioral technicians how to successfully identify and master the use of validated assessment tools, techniques and processes that they require for their specific workplace situation and their own ongoing professional development.” – The Business Journal
“At the end of the day, a coach can only be as good as their resources and standard of learning.”– Management Today
” For the last decade Dr Skiffington has consistently developed remarkably successful business coaches” – Bulletin
Have you got the right roadmap?
. -by sourcing a wealth of world best standard practices and information as developed and successfully used by some of the world’s leading practitioners of coaching (from several Fortune 100 coaching departments to the top independent international coaching groups) who work with Dr Skiffington -you can ensure you are on the proven path to success..
Definition– “A structured, process-driven relationship between a certified professional (for example a Certified Master Coach who has undertaken the Certificate of Applied Coaching) and an individual or team which includes; assessment and using a coaching model, tools and techniques (that have scientific reliability and validity) to assist them to develop competencies and remove blocks to achieve valuable and sustainable changes in their professional and personal life.” –Behavioral Coaching. -McGraw-Hill Education
Too many change and/or learning interventions fail to stand the test of time and the physical and psychological pressures of ‘the real world’. To change/learn, people need to embed new insights into deeper, often automatic, thinking processes. This requires them to attend to how they think as well as what they think. To change, people need to turn thought into action. Without clear practical steps for doing this, and practice, old habits soon reassert themselves. Learning will only last if the underlying emotional commitment is there – ‘do I really want to change?’ As people engage with new learning we need to ask them to listen to their emotions and look at their attitudes, beliefs and values.
All coaches do not have to be psychologists. However, coaching is change and change is a psychological process. A successful, professional coach has to understand, be confident and competent in the psychological aspects of coaching and a master in the use of a range of behavioral change techniques. To do so requires personalized training and supervision by an appropriately trained clinician and experienced practitioner in the use and mastery of psychological-based tools that bring about genuine, lasting, measurable results. Business clients understand the language of figures and the bottom-line and will accept nothing less than statistical proof of change and new learning as well as anecdotal evidence.
Dr Skiffington (a qualified and experienced educator in the behavioral sciences and a long-term practising Master Coach) teaches the applied and practical science of human performance enhancement, learning and change (Coaching at Work). The core element of sustainable, measurable coaching outcomes is a sound psychological base which sits at the intersection of counselling, clinical and organisational psychology. Course participants are trained in the use of behavioral science-practitioner models that are being successfully applied in executive, business and personal coaching practices. This unique, accelerated learning program provides qualified students with a solid working appreciation of the theoretical and methodological aspects of the psychology of coaching as well as the use of fundamental and advanced applied coaching skills and business practice. ..Read more -see top-of-page Resources tab
.-Behavioral coaching goes well beyond the “accountability” model, which basically involves goals setting, action planning and relying on coachees’ commitment and motivation to move forward. Instead, it employs validated behavioral change techniques to insure that goals are achieved and changes sustained. These include strategies to assess and manage thoughts, feelings and behaviors.
. -The Behavioral Coaching Model is a basic, validated platform of practice informed by the behavioral sciences as regards the laws of change and learning and incorporates best practices from a range of disciplines. The seven step process (client education, data collection, planning, behavioral change, measurement, evaluation and maintenance), the four different stages of change in the coaching process and the five forms of coaching (coaching education, skills coaching, rehearsal coaching, performance coaching and self-coaching) form the basis of the model. This flexible, easily learnt model is then tailored by the coach to fit the specific needs of the coachee
– with follow-on mentoring
- 1-to-1 -In-House (delivered to you) . Dr Skiffington and one participant only
- Peer Small Group -Professionals from different places with similar learning needs
- Existing Practice/Program Accreditation (Private Practice or In-House Coaching Dept.)
- In-House (delivered to you). Course plus Practice/Program Assessment and Development
- Existing Small Group – In-House (delivered to you) -on-site, for in-house associates
Around the world more and more mature, accomplished professionals are reengineering their skills to practice a life affirming coaching model of personal and business development. We help independent, small and large firm professional coaches, consultants and internal coaches/managers construct the road map and then build the roadway to securing a successful coaching practice/program.
Whether you want to significantly improve your coaching skills or build a practice, Dr Skiffington’s Coach Training and Certification programs can help you achieve your goals. Our courses feature tailor-made hands-on tasks and real-world business scenarios, allowing you to roll up your sleeves and get right to work. With Dr Skiffington’s training, guidance and support in just a matter of days, you’ll be creating your own successful model of business practice, identifying your clients and market opportunities, developing powerful skill applications and embracing new business management practice standards. Complete your investment in yourself and your future by becoming a Certified Master Coach by Dr Skiffington
Real world. Real training. Real results
- Clarity. Accelerated, shorter learning. World best standard. Practical application. Industry focus.
Industry recognized certification
- Our blend of individualized/tailor-made course content, proprietary methodology, tools available for re-branding
and 1 to 1 personalized instruction is unprecedented in the coaching industry. It all adds up to one thing: professional success.
- No one else offers what we do. No one else produces world-class organizational coaches who are able to practice at a world-best standard with organizations anywhere around the globe.
Dr Skiffington and her research and support staff spend over 75% of their time engaged in research and developing data, knowledge and expertise in several business coaching practice areas. Our worldwide research includes investigating the latest case studies; interviewing leading professionals in their field and various industry groups; listening to the thought leaders in their specialist area; compiling and testing best practices, techniques, processes and practical models. The results of this extensive, ongoing work allows us to constantly update the quality and relevance of our comprehensive Coach Certification programs -ensuring our courses are:
1) always in step with world best practice and the latest organizational thinking and,
2) are internationally recognized as the highest possible standard in the world of professional organizational coaching.
Our faculty writes groundbreaking text books and consults with organizations and governments worldwide. Dr Skiffington may be advising a Fortune 100 Coaching Program Manager in Massachusetts and London one week and then next sharing the insights with you in the workshop the following week.
Dr Skiffington and her team’s ongoing research not only advances the quality of our certification course but also the follow-on specialist courses that form a part of our Accreditation Program.
Obtaining the Coach Certification by Dr Skiffington sets you apart from other coaches.
Dr Skiffington’s international reputation as an authority, educator and developer of professional coaching is directly linked to the world best standard of coaching she teaches. Only applicants that have a proven record of organizational accomplishment, professionalism and integrity are eligible to apply for her limited one-to-one courses -and only one in four of these applicants are successful in obtaining a place.
“Dr Skiffington’s graduates are considered the elite in their field of practice. The designation as a graduate of Dr Skiffington’s course is an invaluable marketing and sales tool for any professional coaching practice striving for industry and client recognition.” – AAP News. March 2003
– Fast track your career..
-and become a certified coach by undertaking a short course
tailored fitted to meet your specific skill set and business needs..
– Note : “Dr Skiffington’s advanced short-course contains more resources, material and knowledge transfer than any other long term coach certification course”: -BCI Survey -Center of International Education.2003
This faster, more comprehensive and more sustainable individual learning is achieved through:
- only inviting qualified students who have a suitable background and the capability to successfully apply what they have learnt in the course,
- by using a customized, One-to-One or (very) Small Group format the student is able to focus on their individual needs and learn in a private, personalized and comfortable learning environment ,
- the learning objectives come from the goals selected by the learner at the beginning of the course,
- the course content, depth and focus is dictated by the learners’ self-directed approaches to meeting each of their goals,
- this is a unique learning situation where the facilitator and student establish a personal connection and work together as equals versus the student being feed cookie-cutter material by a trainer in a traditional “classroom environment”,
- the course integrates nontraditional development techniques (peer-based, self-directed learning, systems thinking, reflection and inquiry) and applies them to achieve
- the individual learner’s set goals,
- the course style is experiential, “hands-on” with the student actively applying what they are learning to their specific workplace situation,
- the course integrates personalized role plays, case discussions, ongoing feedback, support, inquiry, reflection and supportive challenging,
- the ‘world-best standard’ course is “industry focused” versus theoretical,
- the learning process is guided, supported and validated by Dr Skiffington’s “real-world experience and advice” and her training as a university educator,
- the use of Accelerated learning principles -whereby the course material is presented to best fit the students’ preferred learning style,
- the individual student is able to directly tap into Dr Skiffington’s extensive library of knowledge and experience as one of the world’s leading creators, educators and practitioners of organizational coaching,
- the student obtains a set of comprehensive resource manuals that is meant to be used as an ongoing learning program/library of information beyond the course,
a follow-on course mentoring program ensures ongoing learning, the successful application in “real-time” of what has been learnt, and provides a means to resource further specialist knowledge on a “need-to” basis.
Bottom Line: Dr Skiffington’s proven course has been the source for hundreds of existing and new coaches worldwide
seeking a direct route to success in their chosen profession. Our exit poll of all graduates consistently show all learning
needs are not only meet, but exceeded. -And, our follow-up post-course polling confirms the high success rate of all
graduates in their practice (see also above: ‘Testimonials’). Of course, as with any discipline, developing enduring
coaching skills takes place over time with practice and commitment.
Note: At the end of the day, Dr Skiffington can provide all the technical tools, techniques, templates and guidance and
support necessary to achieve world best-standard practice, but she can’t provide the requisite personal skills and
motivation that a coaching practitioner requires to be successful. That’s why our course is not open-for-all and we
employ a genuine criteria of selection for enrollment
From Student to Practicing Professional. . .
Professional Guidance – Dr. Skiffington provides informed training, consultation and mentoring to coaches in all phases of their professional development/careers.
Our unique, “tailor-fitted” curriculum is designed to give you:
1) a solid and secure understanding of core coaching techniques, models and skills,
2) a world standard competency in those skills
3) a personalized means of knowledge transfer (one-to-one) for effectively adapting those coaching skills to your style and personal skills, and
4) the right to promote yourself as personally trained and “Certified by Dr. Skiffington” for financial gain.
– By working exclusively with Dr. Skiffington the course is tailored to meet your specific skills and practice needs. Trained in this private, personalized environment, our graduates can confidently obtain the necessary world standard coaching and business practice skills they require to successfully compete in the exciting professional world of coaching.
The one-to-one course consists of several modules which are customized strictly to YOUR skill set needs and business goals.
What You Will Cover:
How to locate your coaching specialty
In the real world of professional (full-time) organizational coaching there are no coaches “for all reasons or seasons”, but rather coaches who are specialist resource/change agents. This above foundational course exercise provides the roadmap for the individualized/customized workshop. From this point on in the course, the student works with Dr Skiffington on the specific roadways -the knowledge transfer/learning needs (skills, practices, tools, techniques etc) that they require to be successful in the specific interventions/programs they will practice/specialize in.
Business Practice Management Skills
You are taught critical management (Structure and Organization) and marketing skills necessary for a successful coaching practice – including:
Proactive Self Marketing: Professional external coaches often neglect the marketing side of their practice, wasting time going down blind alleys or not knowing how to market creatively, effectively and inexpensively. They become experts in their specialty, but not experts in the promotion and marketing of their business. The first cornerstone of the course is the construction of a detailed: 1) Business Plan and, 2) Marketing Plan of Action/Practice. Other marketing activities include: Designing your marketing mix, Template marketing guides, web-sites and Relationship marketing strategies.
Proven Practice Building Strategies: Dr. Skiffington personally shows you how to identify your current and future practice strategic needs, strengths and weaknesses so you are able to create a more solid, secure foundation from which to grow your business. Suzanne also guides you how to match your services with a market that is ready to buy. You will also learn: how to establish a targeting strategy; how to open the doors to your niche market; proven methods of creating a business network from a zero base and, how to expand your existing network . Plus you’ll receive sample marketing brochures, business guide sheets and letters to suit.
Sessional and Workshop Design and Delivery
A Coach’s expertise must include the ability to plan and design an effective process for meeting business objectives, balancing creativity, participation, efficiency and ownership. This critical phase will ensure that you design effective and stimulating sessions and workshops.
- Practice Management – Situation Training Learn via customized hands-on exercises.
Step 1. First identify the right coaching protocols and processes for you
Step 2. -Then learn how to master the use of the knowledge/strategy. Here you’ll be able to select and practice your new skill sets in a supportive environment with guidance from Dr Skiffington. Our many Hands-On “Real-Time” Exercises are designed to simulate your particular workplace situations/real-time business challenges so you can cement your newly acquired knowledge with well tested practical activities. Rather than presenting a formulaic set of exercises, we address your relevant business issues (dealing with clients and prospects, Coaching Program Managers, HR Managers, potential coachee’s, the coachee’s peer group etc) that pose immediate challenges. Simulations are followed by lively, insightful discussions of the applicable learnings.
- How We Think Behavior Results:
-The Behavioral Coaching Model – How to to look below the surface
Discover the primary causes that limit people: what are the key behavioral patterns and beliefs that affect an individual’s professional and personal drive, development and dynamics, how they are triggered and how they contribute to individual, team and organizational issues and undermine desired results.
The Behavioral Coaching (B.C.) model of practice allows its users to look beyond symptoms and appearances to the fundamental issues. The associated tools provide proven leverage towards achieving a person’s ability to change, learn and fulfill their potential and goals.
Only 15% of the totality of an iceberg is visible above the water. Yet it is driven by what takes place below the surface, where 85% of the iceberg is susceptible to different forces.
In our daily environment, only 15% of the forces that drive people, projects and situations are typically accessible to us. If we don’t have the behavioral model and tools to actively search for that invisible 85%, we end up managing symptoms, generating stagnation or unintentional damaging consequences.
The B.C. methodology teaches participants to explore the 85% and gives levers for sustainable, measurable progress.
The Seven-Step Coaching Process:Step 1. Education: How to establish the information platform from which to launch a coaching program.Step 2. Data Collection: Coaching Needs Analysis and establishing the programs objectives. Includes how to assess
behavior and performance ‘pre’, ‘during’ and ‘post’ development.Step 3. Planning: How to target relevant specific, observable, measurable behaviors. Goal setting. Action Planning.Step 4. Behavioral Change: How to select the appropriate behavioral change techniques, learning model, self-monitoring
Step 5. Measurement: How to select the appropriate behavioral analysis, measurement techniques, data collection and
analysis tools etc..
Step 6. Evaluation: How to establish a suitable framework for evaluation ( ROI, ROE), how to evaluate intangibles (soft
skills), create a report card, report to the client etcStep 7. Maintenance: How to establish a self-coaching and support program
- APPLIED LEARNING: we stress experiential, hands-on, applied learning. We believe you must use the skills to own them
Experiential learning exercises – participants receive practice and feedback on coaching skills
The participant is taught how to manage a coachee or a group of persons towards the achievement of their objectives while encouraging accountability, ongoing feedback and accountable change. You also receive instruction and practice in the latest relevant psychological-based skills and techniques that generate sustainable, measurable change and learning acquisition that you require for your practice. Other Coaching Skills/Techniques taught include: The Critical Success Factors Program ..and more Coaching skills development tool. Self-assessing your coaching skills is a powerful exercise for enhancing your professional competency. Dr Skiffington also provides feedback to help students recognize their strengths and work on areas that need further development.
- Coaching sessions -Role-Playing
– From Knowing to Doing:
How to Implement! – First, learn how to select the right coaching techniques and tools (that have scientific reliability and validity) for you.
– Secondly, engage in a suite of role plays (relevant to your working environment) throughout the “hands-on” course applying the skills learned to increase the success of organizational interventions and to create breakthrough thinking and actions..Role-playing with Dr Skiffington means the student is able to build correct habit patterns in a private environment, followed by individual supportive critique through rehearsal. Suzanne also “models” various techniques/role-play scenarios. By working directly with Suzanne in a personalized environment the student is able to learn how to: implement the specific behavioral skills and techniques they require to master and, use the language of organizational coaching at a “real-world”, professional best-practice level.
- Case studies and other customized, personalized exercises:
Exercises and case studies are analyzed and related to the participants’ particular workplace needs. With the course material resources and the guidance of Dr Skiffington, participants learn how to build their own coaching practice and develop programs that specifically relate to their working environment.
- Obtain comprehensive course material content to use in your own client educational services such as:
1. latest case studies on the various types of coaching
2. statistical analysis of coaching outcomes from organizations around the world
3. best practice coaching reports from successful Master Coaches and,
4. how to set-up a training program for managers (eg: ‘Managers as Coach’ and ‘Coaching Program Management’) -so managers can successfully implement and oversee coaching programs
5. how to establish a successful sales/performance program
On completion of the four-day on-site training course you will intimately know:
a) how to build and manage a thriving practice and,
b) the power of the language of world best-standard coaching.
- Know how to realize your vision into a viable coaching business.
- Clarify your positioning to prospective clients about just how you can assist them.
- Become aware of the various marketing strategies you can use and learn proven ways for coaches to get clients
- Develop a proven business plan which is realistic and effective
- Receive sample proposal, contract and working documents so that you can confidently respond to clients’ needs professionally and be protective of your own interests.
- Learn how to price your services, know what others are charging and how to negotiate fees so that the focus is on your work and not your fee structure.
- Identify the common costly mistakes coaches can make
- Learn how to use measuring tools that will enable you to keep clients and significantly up-size coaching contracts by cost-justifying your fees and showing a ROI (return on investment) to the client.
What you will learn by working with Dr. Skiffington:
Note: the following content is an overview of the course. As the course is tailor-made, it will vary in focus and subject matter according to the learning goals/personal skill set and business skill needs of the participant.
How to use the various coaching:
– seminal Models of Coaching with a behavioral-science basis
– Behavioral Coaching Model
– the Seven Step Coaching Process :client education, data collection, planning,
behavioral change, measurement, evaluation and maintenance
– the Five Forms of Coaching: coaching education, skills coaching, rehearsal
coaching, performance coaching and self-coaching
– other methodologies
– proven validated behavioral change tools and techniques
– behavioral assessment instruments and follow-on data interpretation
– measurements of behavior and maintenance of behavior change
– outcome/results measurement tools
– coaching skills diagnostic tools to assess skill sets via self, peers and with facilitator
– business practice management tools
– business processing forms and reports
– marketing guide sheets
– reading materials (case studies, articles, papers, essays)
– reference guides, study materials and resource listings etc supplied as part of the
course. – plus:
Coaching specialties and how to find yours
Coaching with businesses – coaching competencies
Business coaching principles
Team coaching and team diagnostic materials
Life skills coaching
How to develop a coaching program for managing progress and accountability
The language of coaching
The structure of the coaching conversation
How to develop a range of required coaching interventions
How to select the appropriate methods of coaching
How to respond to the most common coaching/client situations
How to get the coachee to take ownership and build both trust and pride in the coaching relationship
How to report to management
Setting the Terms of the Engagement
Collecting Background Material
Drafting and Proposing the Contract of Services
Preparing efficient and effective results based coaching sessions
The Structure of a coaching cycle
How to design, implement and measure successful coaching programs
How to prepare and conduct a session
Producing Measurable Results or How to measure the results of coaching
Starting the Session
Creating the Environment
Getting in Sync
Keeping the Session Focused
Setting and Maintaining Pace
Collecting and Structuring Information
How to develop your Coaching Style with your clients
Managing Dysfunctional Behaviour
Coaching -is it really another form of psychotherapy?
Why a business coach doesn’t need psychological qualifications
How to overcome resistance
How to correct and leverage any slippage
Coaching role play exercises
– Creating your Business Practice Model and learning the
latest Practice Management techniques (sole practitioner or group)
– How to locate your coaching specialty
– Identifying the coaching interventions you should specialize in
– Current hot market opportunities for your practice
– How to develop a range of products/services
– How to create a business marketing strategy and design marketing
and advertising support material
– How to write business proposals and coaching agreements
– Templates for your Marketing brochures and letters
– How to develop the ideal practice you want to work in
– Secrets to building a successful Group Coaching Practice
– How to establish a service pricing structure
– How to define your business profit centers and new markets
– How to sell your business to large clients
– How to keep ahead of the market/your competition and secure your financial future
– Client Management
– Client/case management issues
– Networking and Referring
– Role of Master coach
– Organizational alignment
– How to use foundation seminars and workshops
– How to apply the latest learning and development models
– Coaching initiatives in the top companies
– Coaching across cultures
– Legal and ethical issues
– A range of relevant coaching case histories (organizations and individuals). Each describes the background to the methods used, the rationale, results achieved and lessons learnt.
Plus -Industry tips and trade secrets:
- An insider’s view of the industry
- The best entry-level position for a coaching assignment
- The most popular, in-demand specialist coaching assignments required by small business and corporates
- How to obtain the best paying assignments
- The stages and internal politics involved in a coaching project
- What the latest industry trends are
How to start your own coaching firm as cost-effectively as possible
- The skills employers and clients are looking for and how you can develop them
- The best ways to get experience that will give you an advantage over your competition
- The most effective strategies to obtain a coaching position with a professional services firm or as an in-house coach
- Types of clients/employers and the best ways to approach and manage them
- Large firms
- Boutique firms (small and specialized consulting firms)
- Internal coaching for corporations
- Business sectors and types of organizations that are running large coaching programs and hire coaches
- What private clients and organizations/employers are (and are not) looking for
- Advice to help you pass the interview and submit a winning proposal
- Advice on how to best manage the decision makers to whom you report
- How to handle the first-up “remedial case” issue
Extensive Course Resource/Practice Materials (several hundred pages) include:
– Master Course Practice Manual
– Resource Manual, and a
– Master Coach Toolkit
Our select students obtain a set of comprehensive resource manuals that is meant to be used as an ongoing learning program/library of information beyond the course. Students are also provided and shown how to use actual check sheets, forms, and procedures developed over several years by some of the world’s leading coaching practitioners who work with Dr Skiffington. Graduates can customize and re-brand these valuable tools, techniques and templates to build a solid ‘world best-standard’ structure for their own coaching practice.
A full comprehensive, tailored Workshop Manual is provided to all graduates.
A Resource Manual -containing industry case studies, articles, reports, references and assessment sources etc
Coaching Support System: Assembling a Coaching Tool Kit:
–designing a personal and generative developmental path for continued learning.
An invaluable/priceless Coaching Toolkit (on disc) containing free coaching forms, reports, assessment instruments (see below) and other coaching materials and resources which the graduate can rebrand and personalize is also provided. The cost of the instruments alone would be at least $3000 in total. These invaluable workplace tools are now included, at no extra cost, in the course. Graduates are also encouraged to customize their own coaching toolkit of various best practice structures for contracting, legal guidelines, coaching aids, designing agreements, and referencing professional ethics and industry standards.
These unique Practice Manuals have been compiled by Dr. Skiffington, her students and associates over several years of international research and practice. Some contents include:…..
- Coaching practice worksheets, checklists, forms
- The trade secrets on how to achieve sustained behavioral change.
- Various Processing Tools
- Coaching Technique styles
- Dialoguing Tools
- Unblocking a coachee’s self-limitations, fixed thinking and distortion patterns
- Case histories and remedies
- Resource Listings
- and lots moreDuring the course you will also learn how to:
– use and select the right validated instruments in your coaching practice
– understand the principles of validity and reliability
– determine which instruments you will and won’t add to your own tool kit, and be taught
– the uses, benefits and timing of various instruments
Some of the Coaching Tools/Assessment Questionnaires
– available on disc which the graduate can re-brand for their own use include:
Note: Behaviors are a person’s specialist control mechanisms or tools used to: get some end-result; reflect who we are; confirm our sense of self-worth and to ward off things we do not want. Behavioral strengths and motivational forces (our master control switches) vary from individual to individual. No two people are exactly alike. One of the course goals is to not only to show coaches how to select and use valid instruments to identify and assess behaviors but also to help coaches develop a set of ‘diagnostics’ to begin to look at the “why” of another person’s behavior and also their own. Each person is an authority on him or herself. Coaches learn how to select and use appropriate proven strategies to guide the coachee to discover their master control switches and other critically important information about him or herself that will assist them to move in the positive direction they have chosen.
A Structured Interview – a comprehensive assessment for executive coaching
- Leadership profile: self-awareness, interpersonal skills, thinking skills
- A personality profile
- A vision/mission profile
- A work/life balance profile
- A learning profile
- A biographical profile
- A values profile
- A mini-360-degree competence profile
- A job analysis profile
- A work performance profile
- A team member’s profile
- Assessing for change
- A business owner’s profile – work/life balance
- A life balance profile
- A self-assessment profile for the coach
As you are personally trained in a PRIVATE, SUPPORTIVE setting by Suzanne you are able to express the learnt skills in a very active and free way. This is a unique alliance between a Master Facilitator/Educator and participant working together as equals.
– Let us show you how to add the next level of professionalism to your business. Contact us via our Registration of Interest Form and we will send you information on the next available course date in your region and arrange for you to speak with our Course Registrar, Perry Zeus. Join the exciting and rewarding world of certified Master Coaches (by Dr. Skiffington) and be the professional that can demand the fees, respect and a lifestyle you deserve.
Bring ‘World-best standard’ Coaching into your company
Human Resource and Leadership Development Executives
Let’s face it. As a HR or L & D Manager, running your own coaching programs can sometimes be unnerving. It’s comforting to have the support of others who’ve experienced the same problems, concerns and issues … and the same opportunities.
Whether you are just getting started or in the middle of a program design or already have a coaching program that is generating positive results -if you become an Accredited Partner with Dr Skiffington you have your own coaching mentor and resource provider to guide you through the steps of establishing and managing a ‘world-best standard’ organizational coaching program.
– To learn more, see ‘Accreditation’ page and then simply complete the online ‘Registration of Interest Form’ and click Accredited Partner to set-up a time to chat with us.
– For organizations who simply want to build a ‘best industry-standard’ coaching program and have their key people trained to deliver accountable, measurable results -see: the In-House coaching format option on our online ‘Registration of Interest Form’